Installing Adaptivetheme or any sub-theme is a simple process. The most important detail is the version:
- Adaptivetheme 7.x-3.x use 7.x-3.x sub themes.
- Adaptivetheme 7.x-2.x use 7.x-2.x sub themes.
- Download Adaptivetheme core http://drupal.org/project/adaptivetheme.
- Download your sub-theme - remember to match version for version.
- Upload both themes to your server. Normally most people place themes in
sites/all/themes. If you are using a more complex multi-site you can place Adaptivetheme core in
sites/all/themesand your sub-theme in the site specific themes folder. Do not place themes in the Drupal core
/themesfolder as this will cause issues when you upgrade Drupal core later on.
- Now you can enable your sub-theme. If you do not have Adaptivetheme core on your server when you enable your sub-theme you will get undefined function errors.
After enabling your theme be sure to visit the settings page for your theme and save the configuration at least once - this will generate the responsive layout CSS files - if you do not do this the layout will be wrong.
Last updated 31st July, 2012 - 6:39am