To install your AT Drupal theme or Distro start by downloading your theme - log into Adaptivethemes, visit your user account and view the "Files" tab. Download and extract the archive somewhere safe on your computer.
There are two main files in the archive:
- atclub_sites_[version].zip - the "sites" archive contains a copy of the demo sites /sites folder. This holds the modules and themes from the demo site.
- atclub_SQL_[version].zip - the "SQL" archive contains a complete copy of the demo sites database.
- Download the latest version of Drupal 7: http://drupal.org/project/drupal
- Extract all the archives (Drupal, atclub_sites_[version].zip and atclub_SQL_[version].zip)
- Remove the /sites folder from Drupal and replace it with the atclub sites folder.
- Create a database and import the SQL file you extracted from atclub_SQL_[version].zip. Write down your database information such as database name, username, password and host - you will need this information in the next step.
- In a text editor open the "settings.php" file in sites/all/default and modify the database connection information. You will most likely need to change the database, username, password and possibly the host information depending on your web host:
For the demo site it looks something like this (the database name may be different):
$databases['default']['default'] = array(
'driver' => 'mysql',
'database' => 'atclub_77',
'username' => 'demo',
'password' => 'demo',
'host' => '127.0.0.1',
'prefix' => '',
'collation' => 'utf8_general_ci',
- Now visit your site - if you have done everything correctly the site should appear as per normal.
- Login as user 1 (Drupal Super Admin):
- Once you are logged in there are few things you need to do:
- Run the update.php script. You can find a link to this on the modules page or visit the URL http://example.com/update.php - this will make sure any updates that might be available in the latest version of Drupal are applied.
- Change your user name and password: go to your account settings and edit them. You will need to enter the existing password (demo) and then enter your new password. Click save to make sure these are changed.
- Review user account settings - for security reasons the demo site does not allow visitors to create accounts, if you are running a community site you may wish to change this.
Common problems include permissions of various folders, in particular the sites/all/default/files folder. You may need to reset permissions of this folder or other folders inside it for things such as the image cache and theme color settings to work correctly. We have also included a small module called "Variable Check", if you get any error messages about undefined variables etc enable and run this module to repair any issues.
Last updated 14th August, 2011 - 4:26pm