For those just getting started in Drupal development peering into another developers tool-box-of-tricks may reveal a work flow not previously considered, and software never heard of. Frankly I'm pretty run-of-the-mill but I do have my favourites apps I just can't break free of.
* Windows XP
* Firefox 2 & 3 (Gecko)
* [IETester](http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage) (IE's 5 to 8)
* Chrome (Webkit)
* Opera (with [Dragonfly](http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/introduction-to-opera-dragonfly/))
* [Web Developer toolbar](https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/60)
* [Colorzilla](http://www.colorzilla.com/firefox/) (colour picker)
* [Fireshot](https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5648) (screen grabber)
* [NonVisual Desktop Access](http://www.nvda-project.org/) (open source screen reader)
* [WAVE web accessibility evaluation tool](http://wave.webaim.org/)
* [WAVE Toolbar 1.0](https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6720) (Firefox addon)
* [Web Accessibility Toolbar for Opera](http://www.wat-c.org/tools/index.html)
* [Firefox Accessibility Extension](https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5809) (Firefox addon)
* [Firevox](http://firevox.clcworld.net/) (Firefox screen reader)
* [Fangs](http://www.standards-schmandards.com/projects/fangs/) (Firefox screen reader emulator)
* [Juicy Studio Accessibility Toolbar](https://addons.mozilla.org/sv-SE/firefox/addon/9108) (Firefox toolbar for WAI-ARIA)
* Is it just me or do I seem to use a lot of accessibility tools?
* [Tortoise CVS](http://www.tortoisecvs.org/)
* [E Text Editor](http://www.e-texteditor.com/) (Textmate for Windows)
I used to develop almost exclusively on Macs and was a long time user (15 years +), however I switched to Windows about 12 months ago. WinXP has actually proven very stable and allows me to do everything I need to. However, I am considering a change to Linux so this toolbox may start to look a little different in the coming months.
Last updated 29th April, 2009 - 3:10am